Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Justin Timberlake was a dork.

Everybody in Memphis who is between the ages of about 25-30 either has or has heard some crazy stories about the childhood of Justin Timberlake. For example, the security guard at the women's clinic I used to volunteer at went to elementary school with him in Millington and says that he had terrible acne, used to play basketball with the girls cos the boys didn't want him, and signed his name in big bubbly handwriting. That's funny stuff, considering how cool he allegedly is these days.

So it is with great pomp and circumstance that I present this video that my friend Sarah dug up at her mom's house awhile back. I think it's friggin' spectacular. Although I'm the hugest Justin Timberlake fan in the world, I find myself perpetually annoyed by how he tries to claim the musical heritage of Memphis as his own, or as something he's had some part in creating or nurturing. Not so! The boy is a Garth Brooks-loving, two-stepping hillbilly from Millington at heart.

The best part is at the end, when he receives his award and gets all flustered and drops his hat and doesn't know what to do. It's pretty adorable.

1 comment:

april said...

man, sometimes i am so frustrated with my inability to watch videos at work. damn it, i want to see this SO BAD!

About Me

Jamaica Plain, MA, United States